- All of our breakfasts are served with a side plate of toast.
- Special dietary needs are catered for and allergen information is available for all our menu items. Please let us know of any special requirements when you book.
- We request that the dining room is vacated by 10.30am at the latest unless stated otherwise
Award Winning Breakfast
At Graysonside we believe that the morning breakfast is an important start to your day. We pride our breakfasts on quality local produce, good presentation and a wide variety of options to cater for most needs and tastes.
Breakfast served Monday to Friday from 7am to 9am and Saturday to Sunday from 8am to 9.30am.
We hope you enjoy your breakfast. It's our aim to ensure you have a memorable and enjoyable stay here at Graysonside. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask the staff who will be happy to help.
Help yourself to the fruit juices, yogurts and other items in the fridge as well as the cereals and fruit on the buffet table.
- We have a range of specialty teas available, just ask!
- Freshly brewed filter coffee.
- Hot Chocolate
- Made using the finest FairTrade cocoa, guaranteeing a better deal for third world farmers.
- Choose from...
- Fried, scrambled, poached or boiled eggs,
- Cumberland sausage,
- Vegetarian sausage,
- Fresh tomatoes,
- Baked beans.
We recommend the Full English Breakfast of fried egg, bacon, sausage, tomatoes and mushrooms...
... or, alternatively, the Vegetarian Breakfast of fried egg, vegetarian sausage, tomatoes and mushrooms.
Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements that we may be able to cater for.
- A fresh omelette; either plain or with a choice of toppings from the Cooked Breakfast or cheddar cheese.
- "Bacon Buttie"
- A Cumbrian classic! Grilled bacon inside a freshly baked bap.
- Beans on Toast
- Baked beans on mixed toast, with or without mature cheddar cheese.
- Scrambled Eggs with Salmon
- Scrambled eggs served with pieces of freshly smoked salmon.
- Eggs on Toast
- Poached, scrambled, boiled or fried eggs served on mixed toast.
Note: The following fish dishes must be ordered from Reception the night before.
- Subject to the season; fresh and smoky!
- Rich smoked mackerel.
Choose from a selection of breads or toasts, cheeses and cold meats.
Our selection changes, so ask the staff for more information.
Enjoy original Quaker Oats or try sweetened with Maple Syrup or Honey.
Keeping things local!
- We only use free range eggs from our friends at Scales Farm in Lorton
- We source our fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs from there, too!
- Our Cumberland sausages are from Lindsay's Butchers in Cockermouth
- We try our very best to source our other ingredients as locally as possible